The General App is a flexible multi-purpose app that can be used for a variety of scenarios. It has been used as a product directory, customer reviews, customer stories, a list of available internships, newsletters, job board and much more.
The General App is $5 USD / month.
The key feature of the General App is its flexibility. You can customize the app to hold the data that you want. For example, if you're using it for customer reviews you may want to set up the attributes for each app item to hold a name, business, comments and rating. Or, if you are using it as a job board then you'll want to setup the item attributes to hold a company name, phone number, email, job details and an application link.
Design & Customization
- Full creative control over how your content is displayed.
- Full access to templates for each app page.
- Customize the data entered for each app item through custom attributes.
The following page types are available within the General App
- App home page
- Paginated item list pages
- Item detail page
- Categories list page
- Category detail page
- Tag list pages
- Tag detail page
- Search and search results
Powerful App Search
- Search just within the app data with customizable forms.
- Search form fields are automatically mapped to item attributes.
- Customize the search form and search result pages.
- Display app item data on the search result pages.
- Optionally allow site visitors to post comments on app items.
- Customize the comment form to have custom fields including rating fields.
- Full control over how comments are displayed on the pages.
- Optionally require admin approval before comments are posted.
- Email notifications to administrators for new comments
Allow Customers to Add/Edit Content
You can utilize your community to add content to your website. On BranchCMS Plus or higher, you can have forms on your public website to allow your community to add or edit app items.
- Public forms to allow site visitors to add or edit app items.
- Optionally require the user to log in before posting content.
- Optionally require approval before new app items are published.
- Admin email notifications when new items are added or edited.
- Forms are automatically mapped to app item attributes.
- Customize the layout of the forms and which fields you want to use.
- Autoresponders can be sent to the person who submitted the form.
- Using form post process scripts you can push data to third party APIs.
Some example uses could be:
Multiple APIs to display content on other parts of your website
There are multiple APIs that can be used to display app content on other parts of your website. See the API documentation for more information.
Below are some examples of how different websites are using the General App.